SWIM Ltd provides a comprehensive range of services, including records and information management, archives management, knowledge management and electronic document and records management. Our consultants are experienced in all of these fields in both the public and private sectors.
- Records and Information Management - read more
- Archives Management - read more
- Knowledge Management - read more
- Electronic Document and Records Management - read more
- Locum Services - read more
- IM Health Check - read more
- ALGIM IM Toolkit - read more
- Coaching Services - read more
We will work with you to design and develop:
- Record and business classification structures and systems that are intuitive and easy to use.
- Records and information policies, procedures and guidelines that meet international standards and industry best practice.
- Information inventories of what information your organisation creates and holds, the format it is in and how it is used.
- Reviews/audits of information systems and services and recommendations for improvement.
- Information management strategy and policy.
- Retention and disposal policies and schedules.
- Strategies and processes to handle non-current records.
- Management of the implementation process needed when a new record or file classification structure has been developed.
- Taxonomies and thesauri.
- Physical storage reviews and recommendations
- Appraisal of non-current records for archival value recommending what should be retained and what should be destroyed. For government agencies covered by the Public Records Act 2005 this includes the submission of appraisal reports to Archives New Zealand for approval.
- Assistance with planning an archives facility and policy for your organisation.
- Reviews of existing archives facilities and services.
- Development of knowledge management strategies.
- Knowledge mapping your organisation.
- Auditing what your organisation and staff know and how they share that knowledge.
- Developing taxonomies and thesauri.
- Assessment of electronic document management systems for purchase.
- Assistance during RFP or selection phase for a system.
- Assistance with design aspects of electronic document management systems for your organisation such as metadata schema, security models, document type.
- Post implementation audit of electronic document management systems to ensure that users and administrators are getting the best out of the system Includes recommendations for improvements
- Identification of core metadata for the information held by your organisation and development of strategies for capturing that metadata
- Document management software training
- Digitisation scoping and advice.
- Provision of tailored locum services within your organisation to cover extended staff leave or staff shortages pending a permanent appointment
- Short to medium term assignments
- Experienced SWIM Ltd consultants working within your organisation as acting Records/Information Managers or internal experts.
The IM HEALTH CHECK © is a unique tool developed by SWIM Ltd, which is designed to measure the health of an organisation’s records systems and the physical and intellectual procedures used to manage them.
It provides an assessment on whether your information and records management practices meet best practice and support the business. It offers practical advice on how to meet best practice and details projects and a roadmap for achieving this. The IM HEALTH CHECK © aligns to Archives New Zealand Continuum Recordkeeping programme.
Why have the IM Health Check ©
- To assesses current paper and electronic records management systems and practices against best practice
- To identify areas for improvement
- To support strategic decision-making
- To provide a roadmap for implementing next steps.
The output of the IM HEALTH CHECK © is a report detailing and evaluating the systems and procedures being used. The report also includes recommendations for improvements, priorities for implementing these improvements and detailed project briefs for all the initiatives identified.
The ALGIM IM Toolkit is an international award winning set of tools designed specifically to assist with the effective management of information created and held by local authorities in New Zealand.
The toolkit was developed by SWIM Ltd for ALGIM, the Association of Local Government Information Management, to provide a set of useful tools and resources specific to the New Zealand Local Authority sector and it is aligned with the Archives New Zealand Continuum standards and guidelines.
The toolkit is a modular collection of tools that every council needs to manage its information and records effectively - all neatly packaged into one resource. It comprises modules covering Foundation, Best Practice, Tools and Technology.
SWIM Ltd provides consulting services to owners of the ALGIM IM Toolkit to support their use of the resource and implementation of the tools provided.
For more information about the Toolkit please contact us or visit the ALGIM website. www.algim.org.nz
We provide coaching services that are customised to meet the needs of your staff and organisation in all aspects of information and records management.
We offer coaching at a strategic level to assist with the development of strategy plans, work plans and project plans, through to operational coaching for specific projects such as:
- Development of a business classification structure
- Development of a retention and disposal schedule
- Selection and implementation of an electronic documents and records management system.
We tailor a coaching plan to suit your needs whether they are for formal face-to-face coaching sessions, or ad-hoc coaching advice provided by phone and email, or a mixture of both.
Talk to us today about our individual or team training and coaching packages.